DAILY NON VIOLENT WAYS TO PROTEST
SEND THIS PAGE TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY… NOW!
I have been thinking of how Iranians inside of Iran can protest peacefully and anonymously on daily basis. How can they protest in a way that causes no danger to their personal safety but at the same time will become an undeniable popular protest against the regime; a swarm of protest that will render the brute force of the Basij ineffective and futile.
The suggestions put forward here are only some of the ideas that have floated on the internet. What we need to do is to keep on daily, even hourly basis to spread these ideas and to keep pushing people who do not believe in the current regime to follow each and every point. Yes, we even need to pester our fellow Iranians with our relentless efforts to promote these steps. So send this page to all your friends and family right now. Don’t send a copy; send a link because this list will surely be augmented over time. And if you can think of more ways, please please please let me know.
- Sign every banknote with ‘Death to dictator’. Start doing it right now, right this moment. Bring your wallet out and sign those banknotes. If you are a bit scared, do it with a funny looking handwriting that doesn’t resemble yours at all. Imagine the wonderful feeling first time you get a banknote signed by another person. Pretty soon everyone will look at every banknote to find the sign of the protest and if there is none already, they put one there themselves. The central bank will surely try to print new notes to replace those with ‘Death to dictator’ on but there is no way they can keep up if we all do this simple thing right now and every time we get an unsigned banknote.
Follow this LINK to see the death2dictator blog dedicated to slogan images.
- Cause blackout every night at 2100 and hopefully even during other important moments. Yes, it truly does work. Please read this link that explains WHY and HOW. Do it every night, keep doing it and soon will enough many people join in and you’ll have a blackout. Just imagine the feeling when you succeed the first time. And once you have succeeded, keep doing it every night. Will the regime even last one single week of daily national blackouts?
- Shout Allahu Akbar every night at 2200. Don’t give up on that one. Nothing scares the regime more than this nightly reminder of their unpopularity. And nothing makes your neighbour more assured that he is not alone than your voice of support. Once the blackout tactics start to work, you may start shouting Allahu Akbar right after the blackout.
- Bring down the phone system at 2200. Off hook your phone just before you go out to shout Allahu Akbar, you won’t need the phone then anyways. Please read this link that explains WHY and HOW. Two great side effects are that a. the regime cannot use its land lines and b. they probably will have to NOT to turn off the mobile network.
- Wear green every day, make the whole city green. Just imagine how nice it is when you are queuing for bread and you notice every one is in green. Imagine all the spontaneous smiles.
- Boycott products that advertise on state TV. This is one of the simplest ways to protest. Just don’t buy these products. Every company understands the laws of economics.
- Send mass messages via internet and email. Send news and articles that aid the cause of the revolution, such as this article, to others. This is very important because unity demands a well informed population.
- Take your money out of the State banks. Close your account, do this tomorrow. Yes, it is a bit of a hassle but the blow to the government cannot be underestimated.
- Join legal gatherings. The regime is not allowing us to demonstrate. Fine, we join legal gatherings. Currently there are two weekly such gatherings. First one is the Friday prayer. If anything, our participation can stop the live broadcasting of the prayer on state TV. The second is weekly soccer games. This one is fun too and will also help our sportsmen. Oh yes, Death to Russia works fine at both occasions!
NEW: I am happy to see that we are using the weekly soccer games in our struggle. See some videos from the match between Piroozi and Esteghlah on this link.
Observe, doing this every day, every night and every moment does not need planning and coordination. Please spread the word, every day and every hour. Keep resending the link. Keep coming with new ideas.
Finally, anyone willing to translate this page into a better Farsi than my own miserable effort, please contact me on
Why is it important to shout Allahu Akbar? Because that is the last thing they can take away from you!
Writing slogans on public places only if your are sure about your safety