United we stand, divided we fall
Posted by iranrevolution on June 18, 2009
If you are not part of the solution, then you are part of the problem. This is the kind of rhetoric that G. W. Bush would probably be able to utter. So, to show that we won’t fall to that level, let’s paraphrase it. If you are not part of the solution, then learn how you can be a part of it.
What can I do to help the revolution? If you are outside of Iran, you either fall into the category
a – you don’t know anyone in Iran or
b – you have friends and family in Iran.
If you don’t know anyone in Iran, do one of the following:
- Provide Iranians with web proxies and Tor relays. Here is how to do it in English and here in Farsi.
- Contact all the news outlets in your area and ask them to cover the developments in Iran even more. Ask them never to name any of their sources. It can cost them their lives.
- Follow development on twitter #iranelection
- On twitter, switch your time zone to that of Iran, GMT +3.5h
If you have friends and family in Iran, do one of the following:
- Spread this page to Iran and ask them to translate it into Persian with Persian characters
- Tell them how they can be on the internet anonymously using Tor, English and Persian instructions
- Show them how they easily can get around the firewalls using freegate
And the most important thing of all, do let them know that they are not alone, that the entire world is watching what is happening in Iran with intense interest. Let them understand that you truly believe that this time it is for real. Give them hope. Tell them that the future government can hardly be worse that it is today. Tell them that if they lose this chance, it might not present itself for another ten years.
Ask them to cry Allahu Akbar each and every night. Nothing is more comforting than the cry of your neighbours for freedom. Do not take this lightly. Cry out every night and your friends and neighbours know that you are with them and let the thugs know that they have already lost. United we stand, divided we fall.